Month: August 2012

Home Reports – Explained


Since 1st December 2008 a Home Report has been required by law for the majority of homes for sale in Scotland. A chartered surveyor who is a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors must carry out the single survey and valuation. They are also able to provide the energy report and energy performance certificate. The final component is the property questionnaire, completed by the property owner.